How to Install driver

reeneex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
Eschwege
Hello,

I'm new on mac. Thats wy i'm asking.
I bought a new SSD Drive and need to Install a specific Driver.

How do i do that in Mac?

The Driver came in a pkg folder, but with a Lot of other stuff i dont need. So i extractet the Driver with pacifist.

But what i do now??

Best regards and thanks for your Help.
Matt

Moinsen,

Ich habe eine externe SSD für die es eine neuere Firmware/Treiber gibt. Nun möchte ich aber nicht den ganzen restlichen Plunder mit installieren. Habe deswegen mit pacifist das Paket geöffnet und den Treiber rauskopiert. Nur wie installiere ich den Jetzt?? Bin noch Anfänger bei Apple.

Danke für eure Hilfe.
Matt

Stephen.R

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand
A .pkg file is an installer package, not that dissimilar to an .msi on Windows. You just open it (you may need to right-click and choose open, then accept the warning if it's not signed) and follow the steps.

chabig

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
It’s doubtful that you need to install any driver. Tell us more about it. What brand? Why do you think think this SSD is special and requires a driver when normal SSDs do not?

reeneex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
Eschwege
I'm trying to Put Windows on a external NVMe SSD with TB3 connector. There are always some issues with the Samsung x5. Thats wy i looked in the Internet and found that its the best way to Install latest Driver wich can be found in the actual Firmware package. I found a way by my self. Just in pacifist, right click on the Driver pkg and install. Thats all.