how to install fresh copy of Lion ?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jigsb007, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

experts !!
    i am very new for mac, i have just bought Macbook pro, everything works gr8.
    just one problem that i don't remember my Admin password. so i am not able to install anything. Also i am not able to recall my password from the password hint.

IS there a way to find out my password ?????/ If not then how do i install fresh copy ? so that i can set up new password.

I did try to install thru recovery ( Command key + R ) and try to install Mac OS Lion. but it overwrites everything, but keeps the same settings / password.

How do i install freshcopy ?
    Please help..

2. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

To reset your password, boot into the grey CD that came with your computer. Put it in your cd slot and boot holding the 'c' key down, or hold the option key down until you see a list of drives to boot from, pick the CD.

Once the CD is booted do not reinstall the OS but instead there are pull down menus on the top bar. You want the one that says 'Reset Password'. This will reset your password, boot into your hard drive and it should ask you for a new password.

Hugh

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

If he has a new MacBook, it won't have a CD. You just skip that step.

4. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Opps, your right, I forgot about that small detail! :eek: Maybe if you live near a Apple Store they can reset the password for you.

Hugh