Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adhvaitv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
i have erased mac os ssd on my retina macbook pro

Please help me

How to install fresh mac os x yosemite ...

When i start this machine

It only says connect to wifi under a revolving globe ...

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Internet recovery over a wireless connection will be quite slow, and can easily take several hours.
If you can plug an ethernet cable directly to your router - that will be much faster :D

Adhvaitv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Internet recovery over a wireless connection will be quite slow, and can easily take several hours.
If you can plug an ethernet cable directly to your router - that will be much faster :D

Its retina model ... No lan port #

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Its retina model ... No lan port #

Then, choosing to connect to Apple's servers through a wireless connection will be slow.
Wait for it.

If this is a work network, with a proxy server setup, then connecting to Apple's servers will fail. This page will help you decide if your network setup should work for internet recovery.

Adhvaitv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Then, choosing to connect to Apple's servers through a wireless connection will be slow.
Wait for it.

If this is a work network, with a proxy server setup, then connecting to Apple's servers will fail. This page will help you decide if your network setup should work for internet recovery.

My network setup should work as per these ... Anyways thanks for your support .. Its late night here in India, i will go to apple service provider tomorrow. They will install fresh os for me .. Thanks again for your support :)

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012

If the Mac can be close enough to hardwire, chances are the wireless signal will be strong enough that it should be no slower than hard-wired. There are VERY few home broadband plans that can fully saturate a good wireless network.

Sumleilmus

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2011
/
installer

If you are going to an Apple provider, consider taking with you an 8GB or more SD card or USB thumb drive. You can ask them to also make you an installer. They'll probably know how already (the UNIX commands are built into the installer software). Partition the media as GUID, and format it as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.