How to install iPadOS?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 212rikanmofo, Jun 4, 2019.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

I have the ipsw file downloaed, but I heard it requires Xcode 11 Beta or macOS Catalina in order to install. Can somebody confirm this?

I wish I can just install it via iTunes with macOS Mojave.

2. Ludatyk macrumors 68000

Ludatyk

I haven’t tried using Xcode 11 Beta to install iPadOS, but I am on the beta channel for macOS and I installed Catalina. But I’ve read through forums that it gives you an error code if you don’t have neither of those requirements.

3. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

You do need Xcode 11 beta or macOS 10.15 to install iOS 13 beta 1, including the new so-called iPadOS.

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

Apple is probably trying very hard to keep developer beta 1 off of non-development devices. Heck, on the iOS 13 download page they even have a "Thrillseekers: Wait until next month's public beta release as it will contain important bug fixes" warning.

5. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Yes, but there gonna be a way, unless apple enforced user to login using developer account during activation and verify real name and such.
    Worth the hassle? I have no idea.

6. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

Apple used to do that years ago. I don't think they are as worried about widespread beta tryouts as they were before they started their public beta program.

7. tps3443 macrumors 6502a

tps3443

I wish I had a computer, then I’d surely install iOS13. I guess I’ll have to wait until it officially releases.

Anyone know when iOS13 will be available?

8. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

When new iPhone becomes available, iOS 13 will likely be available. My money is on mid September.

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

In September.

10. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

So how do you install macOS 10.15?

11. Ludatyk macrumors 68000

Ludatyk

There’s plenty of sites to guide to the macOS beta channel, but macOS betas can be unstable. I use Chrome as my default browser and I’ve got a quite few crashes..

12. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I simply did an upgrade on top of high Sierra. No critical crashes and such so far. OneDrive does not work like everyone else, and the system runs slow. Gotta try a bit more later on when hitting beta 5 or 6.

13. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

That’s why I install to an external SSD. I’m not screwing up my production image just to mess around with a beta. I don’t understand why more people don’t do this.

14. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm having problems installing iPadOS 13 on my iPad Pro 9.7 1st Gen. I am using macOS Mojave 10.14.6 with iTunes. I already have the MobileDevice.pkg installed. I was able to install iOS 13 to my iPhone XS without any problems using iTunes, but when trying to install it on my iPad numerous times, I keep getting error encountered (14). Which says it can be due to a faulty USB slot/cable or a corrupt ipsw file. I tried redownloading the file numerous times and from multiple sources to see if that would resolve it and it's still giving me the same error. I know there's nothing wrong with my USB cable or slot because I am able to update/restore the iPad back to iOS 12.3.1, and also I was using the same exact cable to update my iPhone to iOS 13 without any problems.

Is there a unique method that one must use to update the iPad Pro 9.7 1st Gen to iPadOS 13 that I'm unaware of? What I'm doing is OPTION+CLICK on the update button and locating my IPSW file, and then it verifies the file with apple and continues to update the ipad, about 85% through the process it pops up the window giving me the error encountered (14) message, sometimes it would show up even sooner at around 25%-50% through the process.

15. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

So far macOS 10.15 does not welcome my iPad Pro. I am wiping the entire disk for a reinstall of macOS 10.15.

If I cannot get macOS 10.15 recognise my iPad Pro I will skip this iOS 13 beta 1.

16. jerryk macrumors 601

Do you mean IOS13 or iPadOS 13? Two different products with different features and perhaps 2 different release schedules.

17. Ludatyk macrumors 68000

Ludatyk

What do you mean by recognizing your iPad Pro? It’s not showing up in Finder?

I suppose you installed iOS 13 before installing Catalina.

18. 960design macrumors 68030

Any specific tutorials to point us to? I have a super fast LaCie 128GB that is just begging for the new MacOS.

19. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Other way round. I installed Catalina before installing iOS 13.
    And yes, finder refuse to recognise my iPad.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 5, 2019 ---
    Maybe they don’t have a drive handy. Maybe they don’t run production software on Mac. Maybe they already have a backup so messing around with a beta is ok for them.