Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sorensenp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Hi guys,
I'm getting problem in installing iPhone apps on iPod Touch.

Please help me to how to Install iPhone apps on iPod Touch?

Thanks in advance

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Hi guys,
I'm getting problem in installing iPhone apps on iPod Touch.

Please help me to how to Install iPhone apps on iPod Touch?

Thanks in advance

Each model of iPhone and iPod touch is identified by a unique model number. App developers choose what devices their app is designed for (obviously, for example, an app designed to use the iPhone's camera will be useless on an iPod touch), and so the app is restricted to only be used on the devices that the developer has selected. If you're trying to install an app on your iPod that is only designed for the iPhone, then you're out of luck - there is no way to "trick" iTunes or the App Store into thinking it's an iPhone because of the model number that is tied to the device.

So short answer, basically, it's not possible.

mikehustler

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
United States
Each model of iPhone and iPod touch is identified by a unique model number. App developers choose what devices their app is designed for (obviously, for example, an app designed to use the iPhone's camera will be useless on an iPod touch), and so the app is restricted to only be used on the devices that the developer has selected. If you're trying to install an app on your iPod that is only designed for the iPhone, then you're out of luck - there is no way to "trick" iTunes or the App Store into thinking it's an iPhone because of the model number that is tied to the device.

So short answer, basically, it's not possible.

yes i totally agree with you. but developers should make software which are run able on every apple device.

pamon

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2006
agree w/ poster. they should list the apps that are specifically for one or the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.