How to install IPhone simulator?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by valsec, Aug 11, 2009.

1. valsec macrumors newbie

Hi, I just downloaded and installed Iphone sdk 3.0. The strange thing is that "Iphone sdk" is not selectable in the choice during installation. Then I had to click every Iphone related package to install more.
    After installation, I got the error message of certification failure when I tried to compile a program (a basic empty project which should run). I know that this is because the compilation is for an Iphone release. But there should be target for IPhone simulator. Why I can't see it in my XCode environment?
    I have been tortured 2 days by the IDE. My friend said that his older version of Iphone SDK works well. Is this because I used newest version of sdk? Can anyone help me? Thanks!

2. jim93 macrumors newbie

3.0 doesnt work on PPC and cant work unlike 2.2.1. You should go thank Apple for deciding they would not support your 3 year old computer.

3. valsec thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought my Mac book 3 days ago. I don't think it is my laptop's aging problem.
    My question is - do I need to pay 99 dollars before I can compile a problem for IPhone?

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

The 3.0 SDK should run fine on a recent macbook. You should be able to run iPhone apps on the Sim with that setup.

What is the exact error that you're getting?

Do you see iPhone OS when you choose New Project?

5. firewood macrumors 604

Yes. And wait to be accepted.

(actually, you CAN compile without certificates and provisions, but you can't install the resulting compiled object code on a stock OS device.)

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Don't scare the OP! :D In the left corner of Xcode, just select Simulator 3.0 - Debug or something like that. Then click Build&Go. Wait a bit and enjoy.

7. jim93 macrumors newbie

Is it a used laptop because the XCode install should have iphone SDK as an option unless you have a PPC laptop. It installs fine even in a hackintosh

8. valsec thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank all for helps

Thank you for replies. I find that I didn't install a package iphonesimulatorplatform. I can compile and run the simulator now. It is strange that I have to install every package for iphone by myself. I thought everything should be installed automatically. :)

9. armyguy26 macrumors member

How did you get the iPhone simulator? I downloaded it from the apple website and installed it but I can't use it. Is it in XCode application? How do you access it?