How to install Leopard OS X without buying Install disc?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by plane928, Apr 5, 2011.

1. plane928 macrumors newbie

I have a Powerbook G4. Came with Tiger OS X installed but upgraded a few years ago to Leopard OS X. I did a full backup on my PB then restored everything back to factory settings. Obviously, it is is back to Tiger OS X now. Problem is Migration Assistant on Tiger OS X sucks. It does not give you the option to automatically transfer from an external hard drive. I have lost the Leopard OS X install disc since. Does anyone know if there is a dmg image or something of Leopard in the full backup I did? Or am I really screwed and have to buy a new disc?

2. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

The only legal way to do it I believe.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

Just call Apple and order a new disc. They charge $10 and they'll ship it to you.

When I needed one, the phone rep was nice and decided to waive the charge......

4. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

But won't they only ship him a copy of 10.4 since tiger came installed on his computer and not Leopard.

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Correct. The CSR could ship it to him without charging but if they're going by the book, in order to obtain the discs, OP would need to pay full price for Leopard (I forget how iLog has it listed) and not the $15 charged for a replacement.