How to install Lion on multiple Macs

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mrochester, Jul 21, 2011.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

I'm trying to install Lion on my other halves MBP (already installed on mine). I login to the account I used to purchase Lion on his Mac, and go to the "purchased" tab and click "install" next to Lion. However, all I get is an error saying

No matter how many times I try restarting and logging out and back into my account, I can't get it to download and install.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

M.

2. DaftMonk macrumors member

DaftMonk

I have the same issue. I think something's temporarily wrong with the App Store.

3. gantproductions macrumors newbie

Same thing

Same thing is happening to me. I was actually downloading it today then had to do a restart due to a software update during download. After I restarted, the icon had disappeared from my dock. I then went back to the app store to receive the same "500 internal server error". Hopefully its not us and the app store is down.

4. TheLove macrumors newbie

i have the same thing in my Macbook, i signed on iMac and buy it yesterday and installed it already, but in my macbook its say internal server error 500...

5. scrogers macrumors newbie

Seeing the same behavior here. I bought Lion (regular) yesterday. Today I went to upgrade/install Lion Server on another computer, said ok/yes to everything (buying cost etc) and I keep getting either the random "100" error or this "500" error. I too have logged in/out, rebooted, even deleted the appstore cache, nothing. Really wanted to get server downloaded so I continue testing it...

Anyone??

6. jackspratUK macrumors newbie

Same for me. Started the download this morning before going to work and get home many hours later to find it only at 50% and seemingly stalled. Decided to stop and restart it, and now get HTTP 500 error. :mad:

7. DaftMonk macrumors member

DaftMonk

Attempted to re-download two different apps—same error came up. I think we'll just have to wait for Apple's tech monkeys to fix this.

8. scrogers macrumors newbie

Well for giggles, I decided to log out/in one more time... now I get this:

"Please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction."

when I go to "purchased" and click on install for Lion Server....

I think they may be having issues(?). I'll wait a few more before I really try and deal with "iTunes support."

Hopefully something they will fix soon...

9. DaftMonk macrumors member

DaftMonk

10. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816