how to install lion on multiple macs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrdinh, Jul 24, 2011.

1. mrdinh macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

can you down load once and burn it then install on the rest of my macs?

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

Yes, did that. Just don't let the installer doing its job and copy the file from Application folder to a safe place.
    The installer gets deleted when it's done its job. This way I updated first my MacMini as test and rolled later out to MBA and iMac.

Worked well.

Update: I didn't burned a DVD; just copied the installer app over ...

3. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

Why not just use the Mac App Store for your source on your other Macs? That is what I did - no issues at all.

4. mrdinh thread starter macrumors regular

use the mac store? what does that mean?...can you explain?

thanks

5. askrib macrumors member

just log into your iTunes account on another computer you are using and install...that simply :) Worked for me

6. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

yeah but we're assuming the OP wants to save some bandwidth.

and OP, incase you don't already know, Lion is only available (as of now) via a download from the Mac App Store. If you can't find it, update to the latest version of Snow Leopard, and it should appear in your dock (or it's already in the Applications folder).

7. waynep macrumors 6502

The first night, I downloaded Lion it took most of the night. Last night I did my wife's MBP, took less than an hour to re-download lion to her machine. Not a big deal at this point.

8. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

did the same with my wife MBP; wanted to cross check the download times ... was similar to your numbers ... some 40 min