How to install NES, PSX, GBA roms

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lentife, Feb 23, 2008.

1. lentife macrumors member

Dec 27, 2007
    Rome, Italy
    Hi! I need help installing the PSX and the GBA roms.
    I succeeded with NES roms.
    When I open gpSPhone, I can click on the game I put in the right directory, ending with .gba
    When I click on the game, it says that I need a GameBoy Advance and the right bios.
    I actually downloaded the GBA_BIOS.bin and put it in the location where the readme file "place_gba_bios.bin_here.readme" is. So the locations are correct.
    I tried to paste the file gba_bios.bin too, if it is case sensitive, and then by clicking the game, it crashed and I returned to my home screen.
    1) Does somebody know what happened?
    2) Can somebody give me a link for a good PSX roms website?
    3) If the PSX game has more parts, like Need for Speed Part1, NFS Part 2 etc.
    Do I have to download them all? shall I extract the .rar file?? (I get an error message when trying to extract with The Unarchiever).

Thanks a lot!
  2. Vegabondsx macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2006
    Not sure why GBA isnt working.

I don't remember reading a file telling me where to place the rom. I just downloaded the rom and put it in through SSH. It worked fine for me after that.

I haven't tried PSX yet, so I can't hep you there.
  3. dimension000 macrumors newbie

Feb 29, 2008
    i didnt succeed in any of em... i installed gba psx and nes... NONE of whch turns up no new sources
  4. PMB macrumors 65816

Nov 7, 2007
    New York
    You have to get them off your computer, then SSH them into the folder that you are prompted to put them into when you start the app