Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pikkumikedi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2015
Hello!

I have this one weird problem going on with installing new OS X to my iMac. In the beginning of setup it asks to put on the wireless keyboard and mouse. Ok. I put the keyboard and mouse on. Everything works but after you proceed to next step mouse stops working for some reason. Ok. It's not a biggie, it's just a mouse. I can finish the installation using only the keyboard. At least i thought so. It's pretty easy to navigate with tab-button but then it comes to this screen. It tells that OS X will be installed on the selected disk. Ok. But it's impossible to get to the install-button. It just won't go there. Nah.. No matter what you do, what button you press. I've tried to put on the full-tab-thing by pressing fn-ctrl-F7 but still you can't get to continue button. I've tried all kind of crazy combinations but no. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?? With the mouse or with the solution how to navigate to continue button with keyboard.. This is getting ridiculous!!

mousenotworking.jpg

colonel179

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2014
I did install without a mouse on my MBP since it can only tap and not click, and when installing only click work on the trackpad (it's broken)

To navigate the menu bar (to select disk utility, and accept) prest control+F2. To select (, install, accept, etc) press space NOT enter.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: gwhiz-of-MDR

gwhiz-of-MDR

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2016
I did install without a mouse on my MBP since it can only tap and not click, and when installing only click work on the trackpad (it's broken)

To navigate the menu bar (to select disk utility, and accept) prest control+F2. To select (, install, accept, etc) press space NOT enter.

Hope that helps.

OMG! SPACE instead of RETURN. THank you. And, why? My mouse cursor disappeared once the Disk Utility booted up. After I pressed SPACE, the CONTINUE button flashed so was able to move on...

Keimadito

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2016
Hi guys i have the same problem i am freeze here!! Already tried every key possible and nothing!! Cant click with track pad or magic mouse

Attachments

• IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 584

George Bara

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2017
Hello!

I have this one weird problem going on with installing new OS X to my iMac. In the beginning of setup it asks to put on the wireless keyboard and mouse. Ok. I put the keyboard and mouse on. Everything works but after you proceed to next step mouse stops working for some reason. Ok. It's not a biggie, it's just a mouse. I can finish the installation using only the keyboard. At least i thought so. It's pretty easy to navigate with tab-button but then it comes to this screen. It tells that OS X will be installed on the selected disk. Ok. But it's impossible to get to the install-button. It just won't go there. Nah.. No matter what you do, what button you press. I've tried to put on the full-tab-thing by pressing fn-ctrl-F7 but still you can't get to continue button. I've tried all kind of crazy combinations but no. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?? With the mouse or with the solution how to navigate to continue button with keyboard.. This is getting ridiculous!!

mousenotworking.jpg

Hi there did you figure this out as i am stuck as well?
[doublepost=1506344247][/doublepost]
Hi guys i have the same problem i am freeze here!! Already tried every key possible and nothing!! Cant click with track pad or magic mouse

Hi there did you figure this out as i am stuck as well?

Big Ron

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
United Kingdom
Over here in the UK I bought the cheapest £3 USB mouse from PC World that I could find - it never fails.

I wouldn't want to use it all the time but for the rare instances when you need a mouse - it's perfect.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
OP wrote:
"CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?? With the mouse or with the solution how to navigate to continue button with keyboard.. This is getting ridiculous!!"

Get a wired mouse.
Problems solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.