How to install OS X without mouse

Discussion in 'iMac' started by pikkumikedi, May 3, 2015.

1. pikkumikedi macrumors newbie

Hello!

I have this one weird problem going on with installing new OS X to my iMac. In the beginning of setup it asks to put on the wireless keyboard and mouse. Ok. I put the keyboard and mouse on. Everything works but after you proceed to next step mouse stops working for some reason. Ok. It's not a biggie, it's just a mouse. I can finish the installation using only the keyboard. At least i thought so. It's pretty easy to navigate with tab-button but then it comes to this screen. It tells that OS X will be installed on the selected disk. Ok. But it's impossible to get to the install-button. It just won't go there. Nah.. No matter what you do, what button you press. I've tried to put on the full-tab-thing by pressing fn-ctrl-F7 but still you can't get to continue button. I've tried all kind of crazy combinations but no. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?? With the mouse or with the solution how to navigate to continue button with keyboard.. This is getting ridiculous!!

[​IMG]

2. Rayban macrumors regular

Rayban

Use a wired mouse/keyboard for the installation?

3. colonel179 macrumors member

I did install without a mouse on my MBP since it can only tap and not click, and when installing only click work on the trackpad (it's broken)

To navigate the menu bar (to select disk utility, and accept) prest control+F2. To select (, install, accept, etc) press space NOT enter.

Hope that helps.

4. gwhiz-of-MDR macrumors newbie

gwhiz-of-MDR

OMG! SPACE instead of RETURN. THank you. And, why? My mouse cursor disappeared once the Disk Utility booted up. After I pressed SPACE, the CONTINUE button flashed so was able to move on...

5. Keimadito macrumors newbie

Keimadito

Hi guys i have the same problem i am freeze here!! Already tried every key possible and nothing!! Cant click with track pad or magic mouse

Attached Files: