How to install ROMs please and easy?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by erandall38, Sep 6, 2007.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

I have read so many threads and tried so many methods everything seems to just dead end for me when it comes to actually getting ROMs to play on my NES. I do not think it is against forum rules to ask how to get ROMs you own on something like installer.app NES app right?

So does anyone have a simple way to just get the darn things on there, I do not know why I have been having so much trouble, and I have wasted way to much time.

Thanks for any help.

2. Acehigh macrumors 6502

Easiest way...
    Step 1 Install Frotz (you will see)
    Step 2 uninstall Frotz (that's not it)
    Step 3 install Finder
    Step 4 Launch Finder and rename Frotz to ROMs and the folder inside that to NES (told you to wait see!)
    Step 5 Install ishare
    Step 6 Sign up for iShare (sendspace.com)
    Step 7 Uploaded Roms from your computer to sendspace.com
    Step 8 use iShare to download to your iphone

3. xmetal macrumors newbie

why not use installer.app to get the SSH and BSD subsystem, and then you can simply SFTP to your phone and put things wherever you want?

Search for that and you'll find instructions.

4. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

5. Giies macrumors member

Use ibrickr. It does everything for you. All you do is click and upload

6. gukie macrumors newbie

I;ve tried uploading the roms through Ibrickr and they arent showing up in the emulator. I uploaded them to the right folder and all. Do I need to close out Ibrickr and restart my phone or something?

7. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

When you drop rom files in... can they stay in the .zip format or do they need to be changed to something else?

8. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

No of course they can not stay zipped. A zip, rar, and others are compressed and will not work until uncompressed.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Just to clarify, unless you own the carts and downloaded the ROM info from them, you don't own the ROMs. The closest would be if you owned the physical carts.

The easiest and most painless way is to FTP them into var/root/Media/ROMs/NES/

For any part of that folder structure, if the folder doesn't exist make one, UNIX is case sensitive so make youre the s in ROMs is lowercase for example.

Make sure they end in .nes

Thats really all there is to it. Its very simple so just pay attention to the details.

10. yayaba macrumors 6502

I don't know about frotz but steps 3 through 8 are what I use and the process works great. Just use Finder to create the necessary folders and sendspace to download them into your phone.

11. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

This is definitly the easiest way to do it.
    THank you acehigh and yayaba.

It took a little practice but this was the easiest way.