How to install Rosetta on a current OS X install?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 0dev, May 8, 2011.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I just installed OS X Snow Leopard but forgot to install Rosetta. Is there a way to install it afterwards? I don't wanna have to reinstall the whole OS again now.

2. littleb2005 macrumors member

For Snow Leopard it should get automaticaly download and installed when you try to run a ppc application

other wise you probley be able to install by using the optical installs on your snow leopard dvd just make sure to click the customise button during install to select it

3. davidlv macrumors 65816

There, fixed that for you .... "optical" installs had me rolling in the aisle!:D
    If everyone who made a mistake when writing in English here on the forum made their mistakes as interesting as that, the forum would be so much more entertaining!

4. Ray W macrumors newbie

Try this...

'For Snow Leopard it should get automaticaly download and installed when you try to run a ppc application'
    If this is not the case, and you need to reinstall it from your Install DVD then look into 'Pacifist', a utility that allows you to reinstall components of OSX without having to reinstall from scratch. I have used it but not for this and I don't have SL so check out if it is even applicable to your situation.
    Anyway, all the best with it.