How to install snow leopard without user account?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stark4, Sep 29, 2011.

1. stark4 macrumors 6502

i'm selling my macbook pro and i need to know how to install snow leopard without creating a user account first?

what i'm planing to do is clean install by ..

1) zero out the drive using disk utility

2) install osx using the recovery cds

3) install snow leopard cd but can i do it without creating a user account first?

Thanks

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

ive never dont a fresh install but from what ive read you put the CD in restart mbp, hold the option key on reboot and choose to boot off the CD

3. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

yes, let it go through the installation phase when you get to the final reboot where you would normally enter all your info (welcome, wilkommen with the cool song) just power off...when the buyer gets it'll go through the process like you did when you bought it new..

4. stark4 thread starter macrumors 6502

So is that mean install with recover cds first then insert Snow Leopard cd and do the same thing again?

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

No.

You zero out the hard drive.

Install OS X as you normally would.

When the time comes (with the animation and "welcome" being displayed in a lot of languages) simply power off the machine via the power button.

When it starts up again, it will start where you left off, where the buyer will need to make a user account and whatnot.

BTW you do not need to upgrade to Snow Leopard, you can install OS X straight from your Snow Leopard disks without using the recovery DVDs that came with your mac.