How to install "tap to unlock" without winterboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by netjack, Aug 6, 2010.

1. netjack macrumors member

The search got me close but wasn't able to answer 2 questions:
    1) where do I download a winterboard theme that has the tap to unlock png w/out installing WB itself?
    2) which png in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework do I need to replace?

thx

2. netjack thread starter macrumors member

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Simple, find the graphics (you could install it through cydia and snag the .deb via ssh to get the graphics).

Install the graphics into the appropriate folder via ssh. Best to rename the original graphics so they can easily be restored.

4. netjack thread starter macrumors member

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

bottombarknobgreen.png, bottombarknobgray.png and bottombarknobred.png

6. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

get "tap to unlock for iP4" then you can copy files out of themes via SSH.

then after you SSH files in,you can remove winterboard. I think?...lol

im going to try this now cause i now have a new HIDDEN 'custom tap to unlock' which i want to install without winterboard if possible.

7. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

ok i tried the above method and it does not work on iP4.

can anyone say for sure how to SSH a new slider lock into iP4 WITHOUT winterboard?

BTW if you want a HIDDEN 'tap to unlock' WITH winterboard(iP4).....just SSH this folder(attached below) into your Themes section.....i love this hidden tap to unlock but still would like it without winterboard.

Attached Files:

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I think you did it in the wrong order. Remove WB and then SSH.

9. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

I know it's not what you were looking for but, instead of a tap to unlock, I just have Activator set to unlock my phone with a double tap of the home button. Works perfectly, and no need for winterboard or SSH.

Like I said, I know its not what you were looking for, but if you can't find a solution that's my suggestion.

10. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

on the ip4 i think its different....there are @2x.png also in there to contend with.

i tried it several ways with and without winterboard still have not been able to SSH a slide to unlock without winterboard on an IP4.

from what im seeing it looked simple on a Previous IP but with IP4 there is more involved.

I need to change .pngs but also need to change the string in order to make the Tap to unlock actually work.

Id love to get rid of winterboard but still cannot,has anyone SSHd a slide to unlock yet on an ip4??

thanks guys!

11. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

interesting.....i never thought about this!

i tried it,setup activator to use a slide up from bottom jesture to unlock phone....works awesome! i then chose to hide the slide to unlock within lockinfo settings and its a nice clear lockscreen....pretty cool stuff.

i then tried to hold home button to unlock from activator..nice!

thanks

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, since this is so simple, how about you make a set of simple instructions with links and show us you can do this? I mainly wanted WB for the tap to unlock, so getting rid of it would be great.

13. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I changed the image with same file name, extension, size and it doesn't work.

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See my post here. I was able to get it to work.