How to install un-package(not-DMG,archive,installer) program on mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by freemax, Apr 26, 2015.

1. freemax, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015

freemax macrumors newbie

I really need help to install program as folders structure file. It is not DMG, archive, nor package file. I assume you know what i mean. See attached picture of the program file.
    After spending several hours searching on the net, I desperately looks up to you guys for help, please.

MacProgram.jpg

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

This may be of no use, but...

... what is the name of the (package) file?

Does it currently end in the extension ".pkg"?

What happens if you change the extension to that, and then double-click on it?

3. freemax thread starter macrumors newbie

@fishrrman, as I said the program is not in any package, DMG, PKG, or anything. It is merely folder files, begin with root level just called "content". I can freely browser the program just by Finder, like any files.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

You're missing the folder above that. That folder needs to be named whatever the app is called and end in .app. So make a new folder, name it without the .app at the end, then drag the Contents folder into it. Then rename the folder with .app at the end.

5. freemax thread starter macrumors newbie

@chrfr, it works!!!! Highly Appreciate. Except one thing, the folder "Contents" must be exactly correct. I move around files at some points i mistakenly change the name to "Content" After change it back, then it works like a charm