How to install Vista on RMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by children, Oct 27, 2012.

1. children macrumors regular

listen up, before you all say screw vista etc etc.

I have a spare vista at home, and just bought a windows 8 upgrade (which allows vista -> 8). Is there any way to just briefly install windows vista on my Retina MB?

When I try to install is via bootcamp it says: no device drivers were found

this is straight after choosing language etc, before the installation process.

OR

Is there any place where I can buy digital keys for windows 7 for cheap?

Thanks

2. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

You should be able to just install vista and run the windows 8 upgrade thing go from there. Not sure if Windows 8 is compatible with bootcamp I wouldn't see why not. I just don't use windows on my mac but the upgrade should be painless.

3. zemaker macrumors regular

I am having the same issue, it seems the Retina MacBook Pro does not support Vista...

4. nperei macrumors member

This may sound like a lot of work. I do have rMBP 15" and bought Windows 8 pro upgrade that I own Windows XP Pro.
    What I did is I have old 2010 Macbook Pro Install Snow leopard then install fresh copy Windows XP on bootcamp. (any older macbook or mac with snow leopard will do fine)
    did all windows update and SP3 and activate license.
    Shutdown them go back to Mac OS X
    I was googled about clone Bootcamp. Winclone is app for Mac os X that I bought today 19.99 (don't have any other option) program did good job.
    I cloned from macbook bootcamp XP. Then use Winclone restore XP bootcamp on rMBP Bootcamp.
    Before you restored rMBP bootcamp with XP start create your Windows 8 on flash drive with driver. Then you start up your windows 8 upgrade.
    I just did clean install wipeout old XP partition. Windows 8 too much crap and give headahce wish i got Windows 7 pro pretty simple.
    ok have fun with it and believe you shouldn't have any issue. it only way to buy
    Winclone.