How to Install win 95+ on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KlodrikMcKr, Jul 9, 2011.

1. KlodrikMcKr macrumors newbie

Hello.

I have searched and searched on the web but have not Found a usable guid. I am looking for a guide to install Windows 95 on iPad. I have tried several versions of the DOS simulator BOCH from cydia. 2, x, x series is only designed for the iPhone and then appears as a small iPhone app with the low resolution of 2X (Dobel size) 2, x, x series of BOCH is also very slow.
    I have also tried BOCHS4iPad via a repo (do not remember the name but can find it if needed), this issue was 10 times as fast but it only showed the iPhone size of an iPad app so it could not be enlarged.

So I went over to iDOS from the app store. According to the guides on the net all I need To do was to add a Windows 3,1,1. Bat file via file-sharing in iTunes and Windows 95.img file. This I do and I followed the guide on.
    Further, it said how I install Windows 3,1,1 and a bootloader. Next time I went into iDOS came The bootloader back and I should be able to select Windows 95, I did it but there was a problem and Windows 95 would not start up, Windows, 3,1,1 however, Boot smoothly in about 3 seconds.

So does anyone know of a good guide with downloads to how I can install Windows 95?

(if anyone knows of guides to install Linux, Win 98, Win 2000, or OS X, I would be glad to receive it)

(sorry my bad english)

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

seems like an appropriate forum to me. Maybe the iPad hacks forum would be more appropriate, but I think this is a relevant forum too.

To reply to the question: sorry I have no experience with this. It seems like a great mod though and I will definitely do some research!!!

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Read first! Please use the appropriate forum or subforum

To help other users find the iPad threads they are looking for, please choose the most appropriate forum for your new thread.
    Use iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting for troubleshooting and problem-solving. This forum is new and we hope you'll take advantage of it.
    Use iPad Accessories for cases, gadgets you connect, etc.
    Use iPad Hacks for jailbreaking and customization.
    Use iPad Launch Meetups for iPad events.
    Use iPad Apps for iPad applications.
    Use the main iPad forum for other iPad topics: features, opinions, ideas, speculation, iOS discussion, and so on.

Thanks!

5. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Well, I looked into this, but I wasn't expecting much. And I didn't get much, either. :rolleyes: it brings up the point that the purpose of the iPad is iOS, not windows. :p