How to Install Win7 in Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by legaleye3000, Jan 8, 2009.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

When I try to install Windows7 through Bootcamp it says to insert the Windows setup CD.

I burned one and in its in there.... Any ideas? Thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You didn't burn it right. You have to use Disk Utility to burn a mountable ISO.

Also, I already answered this question the last time you asked it.

3. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Open Disk Utility. Click Mount (or the ISO if it shows up already). Then highlight the ISO in the left bar and click Burn with a disk in. Voila!

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

I actually have the files I extracted from the ISO (I know... duhhhh....)... So if I remember correctly, to make it into a bootable image, I need to select "new image" then "dvd master." Once its done, then Burn..

is that right?

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Um, no, you burn the ISO itself, and it will automatically "extract" itself to be bootable.

Or your way might work. I never bothered with opening an ISO because it never worked before.

7. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Just burn the .iso AS IS. No opening/extracting/etc. You're just burning an image. Not a data dvd, an image. If you have Toast you can simply drag the .iso file to the Toast icon in the Dock and click burn.