How to install Windows 8 on MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sophiadales, Jun 27, 2013.

1. sophiadales macrumors newbie

hello everybody, i have bought new macbook pro retina newest version with mountain lion 10.8.4 ...

i have bought new windows 8 pro 64 bit CD and Superdrive for retina ...

when i am installing at the and when windows must run there is black window... thats all ... can u please help me ???

2. fskywalker, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I think you need a third party software, like Parallels, to install and use it. What are you using?

3. Augustine864 macrumors regular

I you referring to after the partition is made and the macbook restarts in order to install Windows?

If so, this is just happened to be about 15 minutes ago while trying to install Windows 7 64bit via BootCamp Assistant. I was just coming on here to wonder what the heck to do now that I have 90 GBs allocated to a drive that doesn't want to install Win7.

When my Macbook rebooted, it booted to a black screen with a small white command cursor blinking on the screen and nothing else. I rebooted after about 30 minutes and it said that no bootable device was found, despite my having the Win7 boot disc plugged in via USB external disc drive.

I had to shut down and hold the option key just to get it to boot back to Mountain Lion.

4. aarone88 macrumors newbie

Re

What you need to do now is shut off your computer and boot up while pressing option to get the boot loader. insert your windows disc while on the boot loader and select the windows disk when it appears
    Let me know if this doesn't work

5. Augustine864 macrumors regular

I've already deleted the partition and set myself back up to boot straight to OS X again. I'll have to try again this weekend and I will keep that in mind, thank you.

I may go a different route than I did the first time. Instead of using a Win7 disc I put an iso on a USB and I will let BootCamp Assistant do it's thing. Assuming that that is (a) proper procedure.

6. Antoniusks macrumors newbie

i have the same trouble too till now, i've reinstalled it like 7 times and its still does'nt work...

7. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

Try this:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4517