How to install Windows on MacBook?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by WAM2, Oct 7, 2011.

1. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

I Know how to install windows with boot camp already, but there lies my problem, my macbook doesn't have a working built in drive. I Tried creating a Flash drive with the windows 7 setup/install and it wouldn't boot. I Have the retail windows 7 dvd and the Windows Support for my macbook (mid 2007) downloaded and its on my macintosh hd. Any help?? I Would like a step by step or something.. My Flash drive is 16gb. And I Have tried the method on windows to creating the windows 7 flash drive, but again it won't boot, even with rEFIT. Any ideas?? I'm Now running just a fresh Lion install, no bootcamp partition, no rEFIT installed. Thanks.

MacBook "White" Mid 2007
    2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    3GB Ram
    GMA 950

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm on my iPhone so can't post the link easily, but with Lion you really only have one option. Use VMware or Parallels to get the files on the partition. Because of the "recovery partition" you may have a harder time using the "throwaway partition" method. Check the "without super drive" thread.

B

3. WAM2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

WAM2

I can't seem to find the without SuperDrive thread.. So since I don't have VMware it would be possible with the trial right? I don't pirate so..

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

5. dreamcast28 macrumors newbie

have you tried to install windows 8 on you macbook?