how to install windows xp on my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iamapc2009, Jul 22, 2009.

1. iamapc2009 macrumors newbie

my aunt give me this mac computer for my birthday which kinda lame because i wanted pc not mac so that make me kind of mad but shes like really sweet lady and shes dieng of cancer so i dont want to return a gift from her and like hurt her feelings and stuff, but mac osx just so glitchy and un-userfriendly i am like pulling hair out of my head and i rather not have this computer at all if i have to use this os

thanks guys

btw im like a realy beginer on mac thats why im asking, but im a real pro with pc, 1337

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Prepare for the flaming...but if your computer has an Intel processor. Try this.

3. iamapc2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont know how to check the cpu cause everything is lagging, slow, and confusing in osx

4. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Open Activity Monitor (In your Utilities Folder). There will be a chart displaying the amounts of RAM usage.

If everything is slow and lagging now... What kind of Mac are you using? You'll need a good amount of RAM to run Windows well.

5. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

6. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Attached Files:

7. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

My favorite widget ever! :)

8. kennyw98 macrumors newbie

man i have same problem my osx soooo laggy and glitchy out of box i can not even try to diagnose on computer i been mac user my whole life but im done with mac for now anyway

my pc run faster then the mac anyway, although i like mac, i just dont have anyneed for it anymore all i see muse it for is iphoto and music

good luck with problem but if i was in shoes it would be easier to tell her the truth than to try to fix a mac

-kenny

9. Mac & Beanz macrumors newbie

10. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

new macs are slow? I just bought my first one a mac mini. I need to get a memory upgrade to run xp but other then that it is very fast. faster then the pc I just bought that has faster hardware. I was surprised just how fast it is. firefox is so much faster it is not funny.

11. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Gee, two "different" posters post comments that Macs and OS X are slow and basically useless. Both have "July 2009" as their sign up dates and have exactly one post each to their names.

How do you define "troll"?

Here is your solution to your Mac problem. Go away, period.

12. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Why do some people have nothing better to do than create bogus threads?

Are their lives really so sad?

13. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I switched from using Windows for over 20 years. It's s different learning curve but if you call yourself a Pro in Windows learning OSX shouldn't be that confusing...

14. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

This would be to confusing for the OP :p

15. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I fully agree I got my first mac a mac mini two days ago. got everything copied from a usb external drive with the wrong format to the new external and then reformatted the old and got time machine going. got firefox installed and thunderbird and parallels installed all in one evening. still learning bit it was not hard.