How to integrate a picker and a table view?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ataylor2009, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ataylor2009 macrumors member

Original post from a few days ago:

It's been a few days, and apparently none of you can remember where I saw the sample code, either...:) So, allow me to rephrase my question: Conceptually speaking, how would you go about constructing this view (i.e. picker + table view rows)? Pretty much all of my Objective-C / Cocoa / iPhone programming has centered around Xcode's templates with minor modifications where necessary; this seems like it's going to be more of an in-depth change, though. Am I supposed to start with an empty view, and then add a picker and a table view to it as subviews, and then push the whole thing? If so, can this be constructed in IB, or must it be done in code?

Or do I have it completely wrong, and there's some other way to build this view (for an example, go to iCal on the iPhone and tap "add" then the "Starts / Ends" row; the resulting view is close to what I'm shooting for)? Again, thanks in advance for your help; I couldn't have gotten as far as I have without the generosity of the folks around here (and I haven't even gotten very far yet, as evidenced by this post).

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

UIViewController subclass that creates the two views in code with the appropriate frames and adds them to an overall UIView. The custom UIViewController subclass can implement both sets of delegate/datasource methods.