How to: iPad usage and stand by time

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by bibbz, Feb 21, 2011.

1. bibbz, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

bibbz macrumors regular

bibbz

2. bibbz thread starter macrumors regular

bibbz

Also, it won't show you any results until your next full charge.

3. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

4. nigelquest macrumors member

Thank you OP. What a great tweak. Ive wanted this since day 1.

5. Sherifftruman, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

So, using iFile, I am not totally sure what to delete here. The string I see is "RequiredCapabilities", not "RequiredCompatibilities" and I did not know if I should delete just that line or anything else. I would hate to stuff this up.

EdIt: OK, I went ahead and did the edits and it works great. A little more difficult/scary doing it in text, but using the search in iFile made it a bit easier. The tutorials are wrong and the key is called RequiredCapabilities (maybe they changed the name at some point). I deleted the stuff from <key> through the end of </array> for each entry.

Also, when I first started, I was not able to access the text editor in iFile. A respring fixed that.

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

When you click it, there should be an option to edit as either a plist or as text. I couldn't find the proper key when I edited as plist, so just do text. The easier way might just be to download the files from the link and copy them over to the Preferences.app via iPhone Explorer, iFunBox, Cyberduck,etc.

Great find OP BTW!

Edit:

This is the one I used. It has links to the files to just download

http://www.gumballtech.com/2010/11/27/enable-the-usage-menu-on-ipad-and-ipod-touch/

7. paymanonline macrumors newbie