Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
So how do you jailbreak on a Mac? I know you have to run parallels but apparently you need a Windows computer to be able to download Windows in the first place which I don't have.

So what are my options? Just wait till a Mac version comes out who knows when?

sn0wstorm

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2007
Duisburg, Germany
Try this:
(Worked for me on my iPad Air...)

http://iosem.us/app/install/ppjail.html

Open that link on your iDevice.

That worked for me... But you cannot get rid of the Cydia App anymore.

I decided to remove the JB, and reset the iPhone. But... the Cydia App is still there. Won't work, but it's there.

So I reset the phone again an tried a backup from last night (no JB then, did it this morning): Cydia App still there...

Must be some kind of hidden Configuration Profile.

How can I get rid of it?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico

I decided to remove the JB, and reset the iPhone. But... the Cydia App is still there. Won't work, but it's there.

So I reset the phone again an tried a backup from last night (no JB then, did it this morning): Cydia App still there...

How can I get rid of it?

Don't have much of an insight, but that is very strange the app is still there after a complete restore. So if you restore the phone in recovery/DFU mode, there will still be a non-functioning Cydia icon?

I was about to do this the Safari route, but I dunno now..

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
Is the JB still tethered where we need a computer if we reboot our devices?

You don't need a computer. Just open the pangu app and hit jailbreak and wait for it to respring and done

sn0wstorm

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2007
Duisburg, Germany
Don't have much of an insight, but that is very strange the app is still there after a complete restore. So if you restore the phone in recovery/DFU mode, there will still be a non-functioning Cydia icon?

I was about to do this the Safari route, but I dunno now..

I finally got rid of it.

Restored the iPhone via my Macbook, and set it up without any iCloud as a blank phone. Then added my iCloud account. Works fine now.

Not sure what triggered the Cydia App to be there, even after restoring the phone. But restoring over iTunes finally did it.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

How can I get rid of it?

I'm confused, why would you want to get rid of the Cydia app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.