How to Jailbreak an iPhone 4.2.8 on Mac

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cookietrog, Jun 1, 2011.

1. cookietrog macrumors newbie

So I've been trying for weeks now to find a solution on how to rejailbreak my iphone 4. I jailbroke it on 4.2.6 back in February and had some problems so I restored it. I went to jailbreak it with PWNage tools and followed to steps to create the IPSW and tried to restore w iTunes with that IPSW.

The phone successfully installed it, or so I thought, and when the phone restarted it was stuck on the apple logo. I let it sit and sit, but nothing happened. I had to put it back in DFU mode and restore back to 4.2.8. :(

Anyone have a solution to this? I don't have a PC so that is not a solution.

Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will have to find a PC and do it on that.
    I dont think there is a program for a mac that will JB 4.2.8

3. mbs4298 macrumors newbie

I know there are several places that say Pwnage Tool will work with 4.2.8 but I tried this yesterday and had the same problem you did. Have you tried anything else? I would like to know if anything is working on mac yet.

Thanks

4. Jmill79 macrumors newbie

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i post that link once a day since finding it. people, please do a search in this forum first!

6. mbs4298 macrumors newbie

Cool, I just got that downloaded but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks

7. cookietrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Pwnage 4.2 worked rather than what I had been using, 4.3. Thanks!! I also ran into the problem of a 1600 error but fixed it by not going into DFU mode while iTunes is running. If iTunes is running you'll get errors all day.

8. iphoneblogr macrumors member

Just a heads up, anyone who is trying to jailbreak 4.2.8 on Verizon iPhone should check out our JailbreakMe 3.0 Tutorial, this will be the easiest and fastest way to jailbreak until iOS5 comes out unless Apple releases another small update to patch the PDF exploit that allows JailbreakMe to work.

9. Epic Orange, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Actually the latest jailbreakme.com will work with any iphone 4 both GSM and CDMA on the latest 4.3.3 or 4.2.8
    We are all getting sick of correcting you latelly E.O.
    If dont know for sure dont try to give false advice to others please.
    Thank you.

11. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

While you are busy quoting the dev team site, you might want to check out the latest post from the team which clearly states the verizon phone can be jailbroken using jailbreakme.com.

Sheesh.

That post can of course be found right here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/7295551750/jailbreakme-times-3