how to jailbreak if power button is broken?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yiannos9, May 26, 2010.

1. yiannos9 macrumors member

hi,

i have a 3G 8GB iphone 2.2 version.

my power button is broken and does not respond when i push it.
    therefore i decided to install sbs settings from cydia to solve this problem.
    when i tried to do that a message saying that cydia ''http 9 died unexpectadly'' and some other error messages and then my phone just froze and stayed frozen even though i tried to exit cydia with the home button. nothing happened it stayed in cydia app frozen.
    so i decided to wait until the battery run out.when i charged and turned it on i tried to restore and jailbreak again.

then it hit me that i cant jailbreak without putting the phone to dfu mode and to do that i needed to have a working power button...!!! but it was too late... i already restored the phone

now im stuck with a locked phone and have no idea what to do to jailbreak while my power button is broken and does not respond.

if anybody can help i will appreciate it.

thanks

2. Davvido macrumors regular

Davvido

If you can activate your phone with a SIM card, then you are able to use Spirit to jailbreak it.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What firmware version did you restore it to?
    If its 3.1.2 you can use Blackrain since it doesnt need you to press any power or home buttons to JB it. Also if its 3.1.3 you can use Spirit.
    That is also a click jailbreak program that doesnt require the user to press any physical buttons on the iphone. You will have to stick a valid AT&T simcard in order to activate it if you're on 3.1.3 and then JB with Spirit.

4. yiannos9 thread starter macrumors member

the thing is that i restored to 2.2 instead of 3.1.2
    i made a mess... i hope there is a solution .
    how can i re-restore my phone again so ican select the correct firmware?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When you plug it in to itunes does it show up?
    Hold down Shift and click restore or Option and restore button and select the 3.1.2 firmware.

6. yiannos9 thread starter macrumors member

no it doesnt show up
    it says that i have to put a valid sim card

it doesnt give me the option to shift+restore as i did before

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

See if you can borrow a valid AT&T sim for a minute just so it activates the phone and then you can restore it thru itunes.