how to jailbreak iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DEE9299, Jan 9, 2010.

1. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

trying to find the safest way to jailbreak my 3gs running 3.1....can anyone please help.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Well the safest way, in terms of fewest potential problems, is to use Pwnage tool. You need a Mac.

Quickest way is to go to 3.1.2 and use BlackRa1n. You can do that on Windows as well.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Note that redsn0w will be out soon, and will be cross-platform (being tested right now). PwnageTool 3.1.4 is also being ported to Win and Lin, but there is no timeline for release.

4. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

i would go with BlackRa1n, jailbreak couldnt be easier

5. KariJuhani macrumors newbie

Cant Jailbreak 3GS (3.1.2) at all ???

I have tried with PWNAGE 3.1.4 and i can make modified ipws. And i can get iTunes to start restore with it, but it fails ! After iTunes has "restored" it, iPhone reboots and iTunes say it's in restore mode again. It is dead, and it wont help if i push any buttons... if i restore original ipws, it starts to work again.

In pwnage (expert mode) there is only few options ?
    1) picture "General" screen
    2) picture "Bootneuter" screen

I could do this with Blackra1n, but when i installed Winterboard it rebooted .......... and restore again. So that's not a good option.

Help anyone .

What do i do wrong ??????????????????????????????? :confused:

Attached Files:

6. KariJuhani macrumors newbie

Fix - sort of...

Blackra1n works for this, if i make it rain twice !

After first time, iTunes complanes - but making it rain again will jailbreak 3GS.

Kari