How to jailbreak iPhone 4 4.1 w/ SHSH saved?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by madmaxmedia, Nov 30, 2010.

1. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I have a iPhone 4 running 4.1 with baseband 02.10.04, with SHSH saved for 4.1.

I tried Pwnage 4.1.2 the other day, which is supposed to provide a untethered jaibreak for iPhone 4 on 4.1 But after (repeatedly) creating the custom IPSW, when I try the restore in iTunes I get the error message about my device not being eligible for the requested build.

Is this because Apple is no longer signing 4.1? If so, is all I need to do is edit my host file to point to Saurik?

Thanks!

2. csjo00 macrumors regular

Why don't you just use greenpois0n or limera1n? They're easy, untethered, and you don't have to mess with custom builds.

3. madmaxmedia, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

madmaxmedia thread starter macrumors 68030

Perhaps I will- can you clarify this for me?

I am a noob and wasn't sure if using those methods would update my baseband (I want to keep at existing for potentially unlocking at a later point.)

EDIT- I think I got it now- limra1n and greenpois0n just jailbreak, neither installs a new OS or anything like that. Since I am already on 4.1 with the 02.10.04 baseband, either will work fine.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Tethered = Every time your iPhone needs to be rebooted or battery dies, you have to run the jailbreak software to turn your iPhone on.

Untethered = You can reboot your iPhone anytime. The jailbreak software isn't needed to turn your iPhone back on.

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

You need to use Pwnagetool to put the phone into a special DFU mode. Then, you can restore through Itunes with the custom firmware you made. With special DFU mode, you will get that error.

6. madmaxmedia thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh I see. I did follow the Pwnage directions for putting the iPhone into the special DFU mode before running iTunes. After you get the error, do you kick the phone out of recovery with RecBoot or something like that?

I went ahead and just used Greepois0n to jailbreak anyway, but was just curious. I have used Pwnage before with earlier iPhones and never got that error.

Thanks