iPhone How to jailbreak unactivated iPhone 4S having ios 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mdsaggi, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mdsaggi macrumors newbie

I have restored locked iPhone 4S with ios 5.1.1 . Now I need to activate and jailbreak it. I don't have the original SIM with me. But I can access the settings and Safari browser on the iPhone, and I am also able to browse web pages using wifi connection. I have installed absynthe 2.0.4 on Windows 7 to jailbreak this ios 5.1.1 version, but when I connect iPhone to this system, a message pops up intimating that the iPhone is not activated and the absynthe needs an activated iPhone to jailbreak it. Is there a way I can directly jailbreak my iPhone by accessing internet on iPhone using wifi, without any intervention from my computer.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Nope. That's why the error message in Absinthe says that.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The 4S requires an active or inactive sim to activate.

4. mdsaggi thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it mean that I can't jailbreak without activating my iPhone. If so, is there a way to activate the iPhone 4S without the original SIM. Can I use another SIM from some other provider. I think for earlier versions of ios, there was a method to access www.jailbreakme.com from iPhone's browser and jailbreak directly. Isn't there something like that for ios 5.1.1

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

best way is to get a sim from ebay or a freind the sim does not gave to be a working sim. just a Sim from the carrer it is locked too.. wost case a few bucks.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

As I stated, the 4S requires an active or inactive sim from original carrier, unless it is unlocked, then any sim should activate it.

This is a new phone, with new hardware and higher firmware.
    What worked on older phones with different firmware doesn't work on this phone.