How to keep aperture adjustments presets menu

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by duncanapple, Jun 11, 2012.

1. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Hello all,

Does anyone know if you can somehow custom set the adjustment categories in the adjustments tab of Aperture? Ie, every time I want to do edge sharpening I have to hit the "add adjustment" drop down and select edge adjustment, then do my adjustments.

It used to be not that big a deal, but since the aperture update today, even levels has moved to not being part of the default list. Its really annoying to have to add the adjustment THEN do the adjustment for each photo when your editing ten's or hundreds of them.

I tried a search and I couldn't find anything - I have to imagine what I am asking is possible? Thanks in advance!

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

After you add your adjustment... each set in the list should have a gear. From there you should be able to add/remove it to/from the default adjustment set.

Also... just in case you do not know this... If you large numbers of pictures where you want to apply the same adjustments... you can make the change to one photo, then "lift adjustments"... then select the rest of the similar photos and "stamp adjustments".

/Jim

3. duncanapple thread starter macrumors 6502

You rock - I can't believe I didn't ask about this sooner. I was able to deal with the edge sharpening and some of the other adjustments not being in there by default. But I use levels on about 80% of my photos - that was going to be a major PITA.

Thanks again, sir.

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

You are quite welcome.

If you have not done this yet... I strongly recommend purchasing the very inexpensive Aperture 3 ebooks from Robert Boyer. The guy is absolutely amazing when it comes to A3. Ever time I read the ebooks, I learn more... and I have read them many times. I love his style. He doesn't tell you "what" things do... but rather "why" to do certain things. He does in in a very opinionated style... but "opinionated" in the best sense of the word. Probably the best few bucks I've ever spent. I think the url is photo.rwboyer.com and if not... just google him. Whenever I have an issue, I send him an email and he always helps me.

/Jim