General How to keep Cydia clean and save space?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by budmonster, Jan 27, 2014.

1. budmonster macrumors regular

I was just curious, what repos can be removed from Cydia once you JB? I just JB yesterday and there are so many items, tweaks, themes, etc. I don't know what half of this stuff is? What is necessary to keep and what can be removed? I just want to save as much space as possible.

Also, what repos are recommended to add? All of this is new to me. I'm trying to find the most used tweaks also, what are some of the must have.

Edit: I also got this error message earlier out of no where? Any idea what is going on?

Attached Files:

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

keep all the default repos. the only one that's okay to remove would be the ultrasn0w repo

the private repos to add depend on what tweak you're looking for but most developers will have their tweaks/apps posted on the default repos. the private repos are usually for beta testing and the like

to not get the error saying you have crashed to safe mode, watch what you install. make sure the tweak is compatible with iOS 7. if it happens once in a while, it's fine. but if it happens a lot, then that means you have a tweak installed that is not working any good. remove that offending tweak and you'll be fine