How to Keep Folder sizes ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by harleymhs, Oct 13, 2011.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Hey Guys, I just got a NEW MBA 11" running lion.. My question is how can I keep my folder sizes the same after logging off? When I open Macintosh HD and resize it and move it around ( same with the application folder) it stays as long as Im logged in, once I either log off or shut down and restart or log back in, the folders are back to their original position and size! I had no issues with my old MBA running SL.. am I missing a setting somewhere or is this a glitch on the Lion OS? Can anyone try this out and report back here to let me know if it is happening to everyone? Went to the Genious Bar today and they said to re install Lion! WHY.. Computer is brand new! What would that do? I guess thats their answer for EVERYTHING! Thanks in advance!!

2. simsaladimbamba

Are you talking about windows? Folders are something entirely different.

Anyway, have you tried the same in another, even temporarily created, user account?

3. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

No, Im using Lion OS... When I open up Macintosh HD from the home screen and resize Macintosh HD or Open Applications and resize it and close it then opne it, it stays the same size as I left it after resizing, then after I log off or restart and I open macintosh HD again it doesnt remember the last setting that I set it as..

4. simsaladimbamba

Then try it it in another, even temporarily created, user account. That way, you can test, if it is system wide or just pertaining to your account.

5. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

Just set up another user account, same thing! Are you running lion? If so can you check yours?

6. simsaladimbamba

I just tried it with 10.7.0 as a VM, and the windows size stayed the same after a restart.

PS: Why don't you sleep your Mac?

7. harleymhs thread starter macrumors 6502

just did a re install of lion seems like all is well now.. thanks!!!!!!!