Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Is there a way to not leave the TV on just to be able to play my music through iTunes on my iMac from the other room. Soon as I turn of the TV to turn the screen off the music stops. I have to wait a min or two and hit play again to continue. I know its a minor inconvenience, but it seems like there is no other way to prevent it. Unless someone has a tip that I'm not aware of. The Remote App on the iPhone doesn't help much to go through playlist without having to turn the TV back on again.

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
It depends on the TV -- some have the ability to blank the screen but leave everything else as-is.

westrock2000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
You should be able to log in with the iOS Remote app and hit play again after turning off the TV. Thats what I do. And you can use the playlist feature to start music without ever turning on the TV and all.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
You should be able to log in with the iOS Remote app and hit play again after turning off the TV. Thats what I do. And you can use the playlist feature to start music without ever turning on the TV and all.
That only works, if aTV is directly connected to receiver (a HDMI-equipped receiver is required for aTV 4, as the Optical out is gone). If you use your TV as the HDMI-to-Optical converter between aTV and receiver (like I do), then obviously you need to keep the telly running for the audio passthrough to happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.