Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
I am new to the apple watch and im looking for a simple way to keep it from lighting up while im asleep.

i tried the theatre mode but it still wakes me up by lighting up. I think because i touch the screen accedentally

Please tell me there is a simpler way than disabling raise to watch and enabling theatre mode every night.

Last edited:

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
Well, keeping the watch from lighting when you touch it isn't a very typical use case.

Maybe theater mode and turn brightness all the way down.

timh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Simple have Do Not Disturb AND Theater Mode AND Water Lock on. You just need to add Water Lock so touching the screen doesn't cause it to turn on.
Thanks. I did all this and still the screen lights up when I touch it.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I know all people are different but it is hard to believe that the momentary illumination can keep one awake. But I know all are different and some complain about a tiny light pointing at the ceiling on their wireless charger across the room.

Do they still make those blinders people wear while sleeping. I sleep with a TV running at a volume that could wake the dead and snooze fine, but I know all,are different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.