iPad mini How to know if an iPad mini has been waters damaged .

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kenny1999, Jan 27, 2014.

1. kenny1999 macrumors member

I went to disco with my iPad mini and the bartender split some alcohol droplets into my iPad. The iPad still looks like okay now but it looks like having problems connecting to internet by wifi. When my iPhone could detect and connect the wireless network very quickly, the iPad could not even detect the network (both iPhone and iPad are in the same place as a control experiment) yes, the iPad could still connect to the internet but I don't know if there's already problems, l always consume less than 100mb data per week but last week the mobile service provider reported to me that 3GB data has been used within the week and had to charge me much much more for that. I used the iPad and iPhone everything as usual and I don't watch YouTube with iPad... Although sometimes I use personal spot, I always ALWAYS enable password access

Any way to confirm if the iPad is partly damaged or has problems partially

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Was it just a few drops on the screen. To have water damage you would need enough liquid to get inside. When you picked up your iPad, was it sitting in a puddle of liquid, if not I am betting all is good and you are worrying yourself into thinking something is wrong.

Lots is things can consume your 3GB of data but it should not have been a bit of alcohol splattered on your screen

3. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Most likely you are dropping wifi and using 3G while you think you are still on wifi. The first thing to try is go to setting/ General....go to the bottom of the page and click reset....reset network settings.....then log back into your wifi

Also if you are new to a cellular iPad and on a very limited data plan, you may want to get in the habit of turning on 3G data only when you need it. When the iPad goes in sleep mode the wifi radio is tuned off and 3G stays on. This can eat up data without your knowledge.