Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Just got myself an Macbook Air (m1) via work, and was wondering how i can see if the macbook is fully charged without starting up the entire laptop? My old laptop had some kind of led indicator that showed if it was fully charged, but i cant find one on my macbook air.

And also, is there a way to get the macbook air battery indicator to my iPhone? Or perhaps get a notification on my iPhone when my laptop is fully charged?

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
There is no way to check without opening the lid, I hated that about the redesigned Air and Pro models as neither of them allow you to see if the device is fully charged at a quick glance.

I really hope the MagSafe charger coming to the MacBook Pro has the LED indicator on it like it did originally.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
There is no way to check without opening the lid, I hated that about the redesigned Air and Pro models as neither of them allow you to see if the device is fully charged at a quick glance.

I really hope the MagSafe charger coming to the MacBook Pro has the LED indicator on it like it did originally.

oh man, that sucks big time!

Do you know if there is a way to maybe get a notification on the iphone when the macbook is charged?

• Angry
Reactions: calstanford

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
oh man, that sucks big time!

Do you know if there is a way to maybe get a notification on the iphone when the macbook is charged?
Not that I am aware of unfortunately, however, your iPhone does show battery percentages of those devices connected via Bluetooth so not sure if connecting your phone via Bluetooth might solve that.

Actually if I remember correctly I used to know by touching the outside of the MacBook, when it’s charging and you rub your fingers on it I used to feel like a weird vibration, once it had stopped charging the weird vibration feeling seemed to go, not sure if that still happens though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.