How to level off iMac and thunderbolt height difference?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by napolean hill, Nov 17, 2013.

1. napolean hill macrumors member

Im not sure if this questions been answered before, i searched and couldn't find anything. Il put up a pic so you can see what I'm talking about, I have a 27 in iMac 2013, and 2 thunderbolt 27 inch. Im just starting to get frustrated with the height difference and for the life of me can't figure out a way to get them uniformed across the top. Anybody have any solutions? What do the rest of you do?

Attached Files:

2. GrandPhrase macrumors 6502

Take a look at the Twelve South HiRise - I don't know if it might fit your taste, but that's an option.

3. napolean hill thread starter macrumors member

Yea you hit it right on the head, thats the only thing I've come up with its just something about the look of it. I know that sounds superficial as I'm starting to feel that would be the only option.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

5. napolean hill thread starter macrumors member

lol its looking like thats the only thing i can do. I was hoping their was some stand available that looked just like the original only adjustable, but that doesn't seem to be the case the more research i do.

6. tbolt11 macrumors member

You could slap a VESA mount on the iMac then wall mount it

7. woddy macrumors member

starting with the slim'er models, apple ditched the aftermarket easy VESA mount option. VESA mount models are BTO only.

I guess its easier to mount the thunderbold screens to the wall.

But still, a little of paper / wood / metal will do the rise.

8. napolean hill thread starter macrumors member

yea just like woddy said below on the new ones apparently for some stupid reason apple took away the vesa capability for the new iMacs. This would of been a perfect idea too.

----------

yup i just found that out recently as well. Thats so stupid lol.