how to load windows on boot camp?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whitemac2, Dec 20, 2007.

1. whitemac2 macrumors member

i had leopard and went back to tiger, before i went to tiger i partitioned the disc for boot camp but didnt load windows onto it.

now i have tiger and i want to load winodws onto the partitioned side of the disk for windows on boot camp..how do i go about doing that?

i have a boot camp application on my desk top but its open should it be?

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Did you try to hold down the option key while rebooting? If the partition was truely partitioned for bootcamp windows then it's registered in the boot manager as a bootable disk, it should show up. Then continue as prescribed.

3. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

i did that however it only came up with themac os?

but on my istat it shows boost camp as having half my disc. whats the deal?

4. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

when i go to boot camp info it gives me all correct info, tht it has

31,32gb
    format: (fat32)

ect

5. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

it also says the boot camp in the disk utilities arent booatalbe and aren enabled

6. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

let me ask this, supposidly i partitioned the disk.

but with the options key at start up only the mac os comes up.

there is no boot camp assistant on my desktop as i loaded boot camp with leopard than changed to tiger.

if i am running tiger can tiger even run boot camp anymore?

if i go to my disk utilities it has the boot camp partition there with 32gb. but it says its not enabled and not bootable, what is the dea;

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

If Boot Camp partitioned you disk, then just put in a Windows install disc and restart holding the option key and pick the Windows disc to start from, and proceed from there (make sure you choose the proper partition when installing — you should probably have the boot camp instructions handy).

Of course you're not going to be able to boot from an empty partition. You have to install Windows. :)

8. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

my istat says i have half of my disk partitioned for boot camp, so does my utilities.

does it matter that the boot camp thing expired? i installed the boot camp from leopard when my computer was leopard then went to tiger should that effect anything?

becasue when i shut my computer down hold the option key it only brings up mac os and not the other half? should it do that

9. whitemac2 thread starter macrumors member

10. cc bcc macrumors 6502

Did you put the Windows install disk in? It should show up when you boot with the option key pressed.