How to lock you imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zahid, Oct 24, 2011.

1. zahid macrumors newbie

Dear, Please help me how to lock imac like in pc by pressing key (Windows+L)

2. rtolboom macrumors member

Control + Shift + eject (screen black + lock?)
    or control + command + eject (sleep mode + lock)

3. zahid thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks a lot for helping.... dear

4. zahid thread starter macrumors newbie

When I press (Control + Command + Eject) = all application are closed than go to sleep and at lock position, Is it possible that application are not closed, I mean I want only lock.

5. dendowling macrumors newbie

If you go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General.. you will see the first option to check - 'Require password ... after sleep or screen saver begins.'

Then whenever you put your mac to sleep it will lock and require login to wake up.

You can also assign Sleep to a Hot Corner so, when you simply move your cursor all the way to one corner it will go into sleep mode (and, be locked if you set up sleep lock above).

See.. System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver.. & look for Hot Corners button.

6. flatfoot macrumors 65816

Download and install the freeware "Spark". It'll let you configure all kinds of shortcuts.

I set it up to activate the screen saver when I hit the combination <ctrl-cmd-delete>.

7. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access. On the View menu, select Show Status in Menu Bar. This will put a padlock icon on your menubar. When you want to lock the computer, click on the padock and select lock computer.

8. jennyp macrumors 6502

When I press control + command + eject on my iMac (iMac 27-inch, 3.4GHz Intel Core i7) the machine restarts, really quickly.

Is that wrong?