How to make a menu-less DVD?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by c073186, Feb 15, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

How can I create a DVD with a movie on it that just plays when inserted. I do not need menus or anything. And all I have is iLife '08 (I'm assuming that will work fine).

Oh, and if possible, I would like to put a chapter marker in. It is a 9 minute clip and I want to separate it into two clips.

2. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

I don't know about iDVD - but that is certainly possible with DVD Studio, in case iDVD is a dead end and you have a friend who owns DVD Studio Pro.

- Martin

3. Wulfegang macrumors newbie

It took me a little while to figure this out in iDVD too. After launching iDVD click on File then select OneStep DVD from Movie, select the movie clip and it will ask for a blank dvd and off it goes. The only drawback is that you could not add a chapter marker in there when doing this. I'll keep researching it though and if I find something else I'll try and post as soon as I can.

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Do what you need to do with your movie clip in iMovie. Next open iDVD, go to File, and select OneStep DVD from Movie, then select your "saved project" from your movies and iDVD will do the rest. One warning is if there is a long break between two clips it could mess the process up. So far this has worked flawless for me as most of my clips total 10-15 mins. and I have 3-4 different scenes total in my videos.
    After the first dvd is made just make sure you don't click "done" once you get the dvd ejected in the event you need to make a few more copies of your video.
    Good luck :D

PS-I'm using iMovie '06 so I'm not sure if '08 is a lot different.

5. seany916 macrumors 6502

In DVDSP,

open a track without a menu when creating the DVD

right click and make that track "first play"

don't forget to add chapters or moving through the DVD might suck

6. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

It's also possible if you know someone who has Toast. Under the Video tab, you can just drag in your movie and under "Menu Style" select "No Menus."