How to make a Score Board? (merged)

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by cthesky, May 21, 2012.

1. cthesky, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012

cthesky macrumors member

Hi all,

I am developing an Education Quiz Application. At the end of a level, students able to see and compare scores of other students.

Anyone have any idea or suggestions on doing this? Is it can using leaderboard feature of Game Center? Or We need to do a web service which used to store all the submitted scores and can pass the scores to the scoreboard in my application when needed?

Any ideas, comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks a lot. :)

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

If you don't have an online connection all the time, just use a small database with the scores, insert them on users, or just 1 general leaderbord with a name connected. Then show that in a tableview. Or if you want it to be online, you can game center, you can just post them using the GameCenter stuffies.

3. cthesky, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012

cthesky thread starter macrumors member

ok. Thanks. :) But my application seems not really a game and also not have much game features or game play. So, is it a problem if I use Game Center in my application? :)

4. cthesky thread starter macrumors member

Game Center in Education Application

Hi all,

I have some questions about Game Center.

In my education application, it contains some challenges and in each challenge got some questions let student answer. After finish each challenge, the student will get scores and can compare the scores with other students. For this compare score function, I wish to use Leaderboard feature in Game Center.

But, I think that my application seems not really a game and also didn't have much game / entertaining features, So, is it a problem if I using Game Center in my application? This is because I found some of them said that their application being rejected because they use Game Center in the application which does not have any game play or game features. So, can I use the Leaderboard feature in Game Center?

Any ideas and comments are welcome. Thanks a lot. :)

5. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

I think that's something you need to read the guides for, in that case, we just build our own scoreboards, because it's not that much of a hassle, 2 webservices and done..
    For real games we implement GameCenter.

6. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

So make your "challenges" more fun and game like.

Edit: This thread really doesn't need to exist... It's an extension of the same question you asked less than a day ago...