How to make a shortcut and custom command?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stuartrozier, Apr 18, 2016.

1. stuartrozier macrumors regular

Hello,

Ive been searching and searching (possible for the wrong thing)

But I'm trying to find a way to make a shortcut, for a command that doesn't exactly exist, so therefore create the command too ?

Safari, Chrome, you can quickly/simply bookmark a page when browsing by pressing CMD+D

How do i create a command to remove a bookmarked page, without having to go to the menu at the top, or bookmark manager ... and then create a shortcut for it so it too like 'ADD' can also be actioned via the keyboard.

Many thanks if theres a way to do this,

Stuart Rozier

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

The creation of a bookmark is straight-forward; you get the page you're on; removing an existing one, no so much. You have to indicate which one you want to remove. I don't see how you're going to do that without highlighting something in your Bookmarks list.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Bookmarks are a lot easier to deal with if you've got them (in or out of folders) on the Bookmarks Bar in Chrome (Favorites Bar in Safari).

4. campyguy macrumors 68030

You'll need a scripting application for what you're seeking to do. You *may* be able to get some workable solution with Applescript, but I'll offer that you likely won't - the go-to application I use to "tell" apps and/or the System to perform commands is Keyboard Maestro, but the command structure in the relevant application(s) needs to exist before scripting them....