How to make a template in Mail.app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djsound, Oct 15, 2010.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

I am sending out resume's to many different people and they each have very minor adjustments . I thought I could just make a 'draft' and change the receiver's email address etc. but when ever I hit send even if it was saved as a draft it is then gone after the send. Is there a way to make a template so it will send but I will still have it saved in 'draft's after?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Unless you're sending out a huge number over a long period of time, it's probably easier just to save it in a text document and copy/paste. I've created Mail templates and they're not the easiest thing to get working well.

jW

3. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

well its an email (cover letter), with a pdf attachment for my resume ...

I thought this would be so easy. I will be sending out a lot over a long period of time. Whenever I see a good job I send it...the drafts thing doesn't work well at all unless I am doing it wrong...

edit - - oh i guess i can just 'forward' from the draft. But I must be sure to delete the "FWD" otherwise that wont look very good to the possible employer hehe

4. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Just go to the sent folder, click on the message then select menu Message -> Send again. Then change the to and content and click send.

5. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound