How to make a video export slower on quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iPowers, Jun 28, 2007.

1. iPowers macrumors 6502

I have a gif file that opens in quicktime that runs really quickly. how can I expoort so then it is slower then it already is?

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

round-a-bout way, but all i can think of off the top of my head...export from Quicktime as .mov, import to iMovie, use special effect (video effect) Slow, Fast, Reverse, to slow it, re-export.

Brian

3. iPowers thread starter macrumors 6502

:| There are effects like that? Where do you go and how do you do it?

4. bmb012 macrumors 6502

if it's a gif... you could probably change the framerate? You can you do that to gifs, right?

5. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

If you just want to play it slower, the QT player allows you set the frame rate for play. QTPro will allow you to save the file as a QT movie with the changed frame rate (I don't think the free player allows you to save a new frame rate).

6. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

If you have QTPro you might try what the other guys are suggesting, but to answer your question:

Drag your clip to the timeline area, Then below the clip selection area, go to Editing, Then above the selection window, near the top, select Video Effects, and then look through the effects, Fast, Slow, Reverse is one of the choices.

Enjoy,

Brian

7. iPowers thread starter macrumors 6502

Hehehe I saw it all along but I never actually noticed it or realised it. Thanks a lot guys.