How to make a video showing me and a Keynote at the same time?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaveTheGrey, Apr 15, 2010.

1. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Hi there,

I'd like to send a colleague a keynote on a DVD. I thought it would be cool to see me at the same time in a small frame presenting the keynote live, like the feature in ichat theater. I looked in iMovie and in Keynote but didn't find anything. Anyone of you knows which software to use?

Regards

Dave

2. nastebu macrumors 6502

I think this would work well using just keynote and iMovie:

set up a camera to film yourself doing the presentation. Make sure you're recording good audio either into the camera or into the computer. When you're ready to go, turn on the "record a presentation" function in keynote, snap something loudly so you have a reference to sync the audio, and then do the presentation for the camera. When you finish, export the recorded keynote to quicktime, and import it into iMovie.

Now import the tape from your camcorder into iMovie. You'll end up with two video files, the one produced by keynote and the one produced by your video camera. Throw out the audio in one, and use iMovie's picture in picture function to put the two video streams together.

All that said, the picture in picture might be cheezy. If you have a professional setting to do the presentation in, you might just cut between the two rolls of video. Just make sure you record good audio on one, and only use that single audio track.

3. DaveTheGrey thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Awosome nastebu!

The picture in picture feature was exactly what I was looking for! :D

Thanks a lot!

Best reagards

Dave