How to make all current and new Folder the same?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by furfing, Jun 3, 2015.

1. furfing macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am having an issue with the finder.

I want to make sure that each folder / subfolder / thumb be the same to know :

Sort by name
    Arrange by name
    Size : 140 X 140
    Spacing in the middle
    Stick to grid.

I used the show view option then use as defaults in "All my files" and some other folder. But then in some sub folder the settings are not the same like the folder are smaller or sub folder not sort by name etc...

How can i make sure all the folder / sub folder etc... in my system are exactly the same. I just want to freeze the view settings for once and not spend a lot of time making each folder view the way i want.

thanks for your answer

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The way this works in OS X means that the solution isn't as elegant as it is on the Windows side. The settings for window configuration are stored in a hidden file called .DS_Store, for each folder. Thus, it stands to reason that deleting the .DS_Store files, configuring one window the way you want it and telling Finder to use that as the default will get the job done. The trick, of course, is in the first step: Those files could be ANYWHERE in the file system, and tracking them down is doubly hard because they're hidden from view. Fortunately, the Terminal can help you here: http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/05/delete-all-ds-store-files-from-mac-os-x/