How to make an Install DVD w/ Toast?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ncsmith4, Aug 5, 2009.

1. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

So, I have Toast, and I have a .toast file that contains the Install DVD for Leopard that I made when I got 10.5.0 to keep as a backup. Well, I want to reinstall OSX on the iMac downstairs, but I cant seem to be able to make an install DVD from the .toast file.

How do I do that? The computer just seems to be burning the .toast file to the DVD. I hope Im explaining that well... It doesnt seem to be making an Install DVD, just a DVD with one file (.toast).

Suggestions? Help?

Thanks!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What you are asking about is software piracy.

3. ncsmith4 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for your help. I *own* Leopard. I have an install disc. The disc is physically located in my appartement in Paris. I am in Los Angeles.

I made a disk image of the Install DVD in case I needed to reinstall it. Well, as it turns out, I do need to reinstall it on my iMac here. As far as I know, this is not piracy. I own it.

4. ez4u2sa67 macrumors member

ez4u2sa67

Change the Extention

Just open the .toast file in Toast and burn it to a blank DL DVD. Make sure your in the copy tab of Toast. The .toast extension is just Toasts version of an ISO. Next time you make a copy of a disc in Toast change the extension from a .toast to a .iso when it's asking you to save the image as... That was you'll have a .iso instead of a .toast

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

how is making a backup dvd to the disk you own piracy?

if the disc were to get scratched, do you think apple would just give him another for free even though he owns a license? not a chance