How to make Apple Wireless Keyboard work with PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zxcvb, Sep 30, 2009.

1. zxcvb macrumors regular

zxcvb

I was trying to make apple wireless keyboard to work with my DELL desktop, but did not succeed. the problem is that when I connect the apple wireless keyboard to my bluetooth adapter, it says I need type some kinda of pass code. I have looked up manual, and there's no pass code all all.

someone said I need to insert leopard disk and install on my PC, would that work? or anyone have experience about it?

the bluetooth adapter I am using is IODEAR and PC is DELL desktop

thank you

2. mac2x macrumors 65816

Can't help you with the connection; but even if it did work I wouldn't want to do it since the modifier keys are different between PC and Mac keyboards.

3. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

You pair it just like any other bluetooth keyboard. Get the keyboard and the computer into pairing mode and input the passkey that is generated by the computer. Then if you want install the keyboard drivers from Bootcamp drivers to get the media keys working.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Choose the option that says "choose passkey for me" or something along the lines of that. You can get the modifier keys to work somewhat, only the backward/forward/pause/play and volume keys. That can be done by installing a driver from the Leopard or Snow Leopard disc. It's named "Apple Keyboard" or something.

5. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Also, if the PC doesn't have bluetooth connectivity, you'll need to get a
    bluetooth adaptor

6. nicknick macrumors newbie

apple BT keyboard

I just purchase apple bt keyboard, can't conect to my pc, my problem is I can not pair the keyboard. The computer (now) finds the keyboard and then ask to type pairing initial key on keyboard but eventhough I type the initial key number and it doseint work