Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
hey guys, i just bought a new iPod Touch and Mac Mini. i know they both have bluetooth, is there some way i can make use of this and allow them to communicate to each other? i'll be picking up a wireless router tomorrow afternoon, how can i make use of WiFi? is file sharing the only thing that can be done? can i use the camera on the iPod Touch and then watch it on the Mac Mini via the WiFi?

thanks guys

- rob -

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
hey guys, i just bought a new iPod Touch and Mac Mini. i know they both have bluetooth, is there some way i can make use of this and allow them to communicate to each other? i'll be picking up a wireless router tomorrow afternoon, how can i make use of WiFi? is file sharing the only thing that can be done? can i use the camera on the iPod Touch and then watch it on the Mac Mini via the WiFi?

thanks guys
Hey there,

Neither of these quite get at what you want but I thought they'd be helpful to someone else: there is an app that lets you view the camera on your iPod Touch using an iPad called Camera A and Camera B.

There is also a really awesome app for Mac OSX called Reflection that uses Airplay mirroring on the iPhone 4s, iPad 2 that will show the contents of your screen live on your mac.

Rob

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
ok thanks. that reflection app seems great. is there anything available for the iPod touch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.